Classic BMW Rust Repairs
Racing Restorations has restored many classic German sports cars, from the humble Golf GTi through most Mercedes, Porsche 911 and BMW M-series.
Out latest BMW project is this E36 M3 3.0 saloon in rare Daytona Violet. The car is very nice: 1995 with 90,000 miles and just two owners. It came in for an MOT and some rust in the floor but, after seeing how we work, the owner decided to let us go through it and bring it back to top condition.
So far we have:
- Completely detailed the underside: refixed heat shields, rustproofed and Waxoyled
- Replaced all brake and fuel lines (petrol tank out), fitted new clutch line
- Replaced power steering fluid cooler and associated pipework
- Replaced engine and gearbox mounts
- Refurbished wheels
- Replaced worn rear dampers
- Rebushed all rear suspension and stripped and checked front suspension
- Removed bumpers front and rear, front wings and sill covers to check for rust
- Repaired rust in rear panel, front wheel arches, front floors, rear panel, bonnet, replaced boot lid and one front wing with good used panels.
The car has just come out of paint and is awaiting final detailing before a magazine feature on classic BMWs and their increasing market value.
If you’ve got an M3 or M5 BMW in need of an overhaul, feel free to get in touch and come and see this car, or our latest restoration: a genuine BMW 3.0 CSL. Don’t forget to contact us if you need any more information.